with whatever ultra-brief commentary I have on them. I periodically
update this, but the post time will no longer change and it won't show
up as new in RSSI fees.
April (Gathering of Friends)
- DickeLuftInDerGruft Beautiful kids memory game
- SunkenCity Light exploration and screw-your-neighbor game
- Kaleidos Find words in busy pictures. Ok, but not as fun as I'd heard.
- Masterdieb Amazingly produced geometry, memory and role selection game.
- SmartyParty Fun party game with lists whose imperfections can be annoying
- DestinationTresor Clever, novel and enjoyable deduction game
- Tongiaki Somewhat chaotic but some real opportunity for interesting tricks.
- PayoffMachine Old 1970s game with marbles. Rather Neat.
- 5thAvenue Disappointing, but worth another play.
- MaNiKi Very entertaining animal stacking puzzle game
- Marco Polo Light but strong game of carefully timed cardplay
- StPetersburg Few new mechanics but a very good game none the less
- OldTown Older deduction game (sort of) with a very nice mechanic but very random results
- Immer oben auf! Fun and cute animal stacking memory game
- Goa Outstanding complex game in the mold of PrincesOfFlorence or PuertoRico
- Zopp Fun dexterity game
- RailroadDice Clever mechanics, fun game, but has some endgame problems
- OhPharaoh Disappointing pyramid building game with some potential
- PowerGrid Outstanding Funkenschlag rework
- MangaManga Dull realtime cardgame
- LostValley Beautifully produced but blandly mechanical game
- Spy I liked this like Knizia cardgame but most others were unimpressed
- Saga Interesting smallbox card game with a nice twist on influence games
- LePasseTrappe Simple, fun, entertaining wooden dexterity game
- MusicMystery Music trivia game. Not my thing.
- Memoir44 BattleCry in World War 2. Fun and nicely produced.
- BlueMoon Nice Knizia two player. Needs more plays, but I'm in no rush.
- Alexandros Some nice mechanics but led to a bad kingmaker result.
- SanJuan Very good. Lots of potential.
- Hansa Not bad, but awfully monotonous commodity collection game
- EinfachGenial Fun 2-, 3- or 4-player abstract from Reiner Knizia
- Corsari Very light and seemingly overly-luck dominated card game
- TicketToRide Nice middle-weight game of connecting cities and building rails
- Maritim Interesting puzzle movement game. _Way_ too long with six players.
- Landlord A "take that" game from Friedemann Friese. Not bad for a "take that" game, but...
- Mississippi Interesting older Mattel game all about chain reactions
- BalloonRennen Very chaotic and random, but we laughed a lot everytime someone slammed into the mountains.
- Industria Pretty good, but feels a bit scattered. Worth another play.
- UndTschuss Interesting, but I'm not sure what I think yet
- Yinsh Very good
- Dracula A little long, but fun
- Adam & Eva Very good
- Trampelfanten A light kids game with a funky rule or two. Fun.
- Coda A quick, light deduction game. That's a rare combination
- LoadedQuestions OK party game